1. Characters with classes that match their racial background get an extra 400 gp to spend on equipment that they would have access to normally for that area. This money cannot be saved.
2. Older characters get a flaw but no bonus feat from it.
3. 3.5 rules take precedence over 3.0 (such as feats that have been reprinted from Tome and Blood to Complete Arcane). “Complete” books take precedence over softbacks.
4. Ultimate Prestige Classes books (Mongoose) are allowed.
• +2 strength, +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, -2 charisma.
• Medium: no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• base land speed is 30 feet.
• +1 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
• Darkvision out to 60 feet.
• +1 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks.
• Automatic Languages: Common, Elven or Orc.
• Favored Class: ranger
(Most of this is taken from the Hexblade fixes suggested by the guy at WotC who designed the class, with modifications as discussed by our group, and the addition of a couple Dragon Mag things)
- Curse ability usable 1 + the hexblade’s Cha modifier per day; 2+Cha @ 5th; 3+Cha @ 9th; 4+Cha @ 13th; 6+Cha @ 17th
- Curse ability usable as an immediate action once per round
- Ability to cast in medium armor at 4th, heavy armor at 6th, and while carrying a light shield or buckler at 8th
- At 6th level, the hexblade can cast one hexblade spell per day as a swift action, as long as its original casting time is a standard action or faster. He gains an additional use of this power at levels 8, 11, 14, and 18.
- Curse feats (Dragon # 339) are added to Hexblade Bonus Feat list.
- Forced Omens (Ex): A hexblade adds Prestidigitation (PHB 264) to their list of spells known. If a hexblade has already learned this spell, the character may choose a different 1st level spell. As a bonus spell, Prestidigitation cannot be traded for another 1st level spell. At 8th level, a hexblade may cast Prestidigitation as if augmented by the Silent Spell feat without using up a higher-level spell slot. At 11th level, a hexblade may cast Prestidigitation as a spell-like ability, lacking both somatic and verbal components, but is still limited to their spell slots per day. At 14th level, a hexblade may cast Prestidigitation a number of additional times per day equal to 3 + their Charisma modifier. At 18th level, a hexblade can cast Prestidigitation at will. The prestidigitation spell disappears from their list of spells known at this level.
Witch (Base Class)
3. Battle Sorcerer
4. Samurai, except in highly specific situations
5. Taint and classes that depend on Taint
6. Arcanist from the Ulitmate Prestige Class book
7. Domain wizards
9. Classes from Tome of Battle or Tome of Magic
10. Classes that require the use of skill tricks
1. Facing is in use.
2. Scouts can use their skirmish bonus on ranged attacks
3. Weapons of different varieties can be found that do damage for a similar item in the PHB. For instance, an extra heavy war hammer does the damage of a dwarven waraxe but does bludgeoning damage not slashing. Use of this weapon requires Exotic Weapon Proficiency in the weapon to be used
4. No spells or feats allow sneak attacks or critical hits to affect creatures that cannot be affected by them.
1. Followers can level up from experience rather than going up when their leader does.
1. Diplomacy is used to oppose diplomacy rolls rather than using a fixed DC.
2. Skill Tricks are banned.
1. Reserve Feats are banned.
1. Whirling Blade from Spell Compendium is banned.
2. Spells can be cast from a spellbook as if from a scroll, resulting in the spell being removed from the spellbook. Spell can be re-added to the spellbook as per the usual rules for adding new spells to a spellbook (same cost, etc.).
3. Researching new spells costs money per the rules in the DMG (page 198).
4. Polymorph: Constitution modifier of the assumed form does not raise or lower hit points. Total maximum hit points of the subject in the assumed form are the same as before the Polymorph form was assumed. Subject still regains lost hit points as if it had rested for a night.
Magic Item Creation:
1. Costs gold and XP.
2. Takes time.
3. Scribing scrolls takes time, minimum of 8 hours per scroll.
1. The spiked chain can no longer be taken as a weapon effective 4/23/12; characters created before that date are grandfathered in.